Wednesday, October 8, 2008

10/9 Responce

Interns: You've been in your internship classroom since late August, assisting your Classroom Teacher in launching the school year. For your first blog post describe, briefly, one strong conviction about teaching that you brought to the classroom that has changed considerably during this time. What changed, and why is this a sign of personal growth?

When I came into the classroom I thought it would work best if everything was planned out. As the first few weeks have passed I have seen that it can work without everything being planed. It can even be a blessing in the first grade. You rarely get through everything in a day or even an hour that you thought you would!

2 comments:

KyleeinZambia said...

Hi Kim,
I've had a similar experience as you in seeing how effective teaching can be even with things aren't necessarily planned in detail. I agree that this can be a blessing because it means that adjustments are being made to help meet student's needs. My CT is very good at paying attention to the groups needs and being flexible and open to alternatives, even when it means deviating from the original schedule. I think doing this and still being effective in teaching is a skill that comes with experience (one I will hopefully get better at as the year progresses). It's always an adventure, isn't it?
(Sorry if something very similar to this is already posted. I left a comment earlier, but it doesn't seem to be showing up.)

Alexandria Skagen said...

How do you feel about the organizational stuture now? I feel like I shared the same views as you in the beginning but now since I have been in the classroom seeing eveything play out it is seems like it would be a burden to plan out eveything since you have to roll with the flow so much. Has your shock of not being so structured calmed down or have you found that it is your personal style to have everything planned?